Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rockwell, "Somebody's Watching Me"

I first heard this song on some Best of 80s CD, and I could have sworn Michael Jackson was singing in the background.  But I didn't think it could be true since it was just a random song, and who the hell was Rockwell anyway?  That was in 2002.  

I just found out a few weeks ago that, indeed, MJ is singing the background on this song.  Why it took me seven years to realize that, I have no idea.  But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.  The other half is zombies; zombies are the other half of the battle.

Now that Geico is using a version of this song for their new eyeball money pile commercials, everyone knows this song, but not everyone knows this enjoyable video.  I get the sense that he feels like somebody's watching him, but I don't think anyone has been watching him for the past 20 years or so.  But that's about to change now:


No comments:

Post a Comment