Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hall & Oates, "Maneater"

This song reminds me of  LA, I think because when I came out to LA for the first time, I drove around my friend's car and frequently listened to this song.  See, this song was on the only CD he had in the car that I could listen to without wanting to punch myself in the face (by the way, this is the same 80s CD that contained the previous blog post song, "Somebody's Watching Me").  Probably doing himself a favor, he gave me this CD, which I still have crammed in a box somewhere in the basement.  

It also reminds me of John Oates' badass mustache.  My lil' Justache can only dream of Oates-like greatness one day...


3 comments:

  1. Justin, you have forgotten to point out that this video follows the law in california that for one to play the sax one must wear sunglasses. this was one of the only laws bill clinton before or during his reign of terror when he played on arsenio hall in the early nineties.
    aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. and on one of my first comments in my life...i fucked up. "...one of the laws bill clinton abided by before..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. please don't defile this blog with your poor grammar. blogs are better than that.

    and yeah, the other requirement for saxophone players is that they swing back and forth or up and down.

    ReplyDelete