Saturday, July 11, 2009

Billy Ocean, "Loverboy"

I originally set out to post Billy Ocean's "Caribbean Queen," but I somehow found my way to this video instead. And boy, I'm glad I did.

What in the name of George Lucas is happening here? You know it's a creepy video when Billy Ocean is the least odd-looking one of the bunch. This thing is a mess, but it's equally mesmerizing. It's so bad that it never got ironically good; it just stayed really bad.

It's definitely going to replace Rue McClanahan in my nightmares, that's for sure.


2 comments:

  1. quite possibly the greatest video you have ever posted. i watched three times. the best part is the growl at the end. if i were to karaokee this masterpiece i would insist they use the original video, and then would just sit on stage and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i got lucky on this one; i entirely found it by accident. and the growl at the end really is a nice touch...is he going up for a high five?

    ReplyDelete