Monday, May 18, 2009

American Idol Special: Journey, "Girl Can't Help It"

A few years ago, I saw Journey in Kansas City, joined with thousands of middle-aged drunken fans.  Honestly, it's the only way to see a concert.  But I didn't know how Journey would sound without Steve Perry.  When they came out, so did the then-lead singer, Steve Augeri.  Maybe it was the beer, maybe I was distracted by the inebriated crowd... but I could have sworn Steve Perry was singing dressed as Kenny G.  The new guy sounded EXACTLY like Steve Perry.

Anyway, just when I thought Journey couldn't get any more rad, I found out that a fellow named Randy Jackson of "American Idol" fame had rocked out with the group for a little while in the 80s.  So, here's to you, Randy, and to your awesome jacket:


No comments:

Post a Comment