Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Special: Bill Withers, "Ain't No Sunshine"

Bill Withers is the man.  There's no disputing that.  But equally groovy is drummer James Gadson.  I never knew who that was until I watched this video, and it turns out that James and I grew up in the same town: Kansas City.  And it's a bummer that I never ran into him, since he seems like a pretty cool cat.  Not that I would be worthy of his friendship, but I envision us drinking PBR and talking about the humidity.

Also, Bill Withers in a turtleneck?  Good stuff.  He's svelte.

So when all the kids start talking soon about how they love newly-minted American Idol Kris Allen's song "Ain't No Sunshine," just remember that Bill Withers & James Gadson are here, doing it the way it was meant to be done:


No comments:

Post a Comment