Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wing, "Beat It"

When I see a performance and interview like this, I feel like someone's pulling my leg.  I keep waiting for someone to acknowledge what shouldn't be the 500 pound gorilla in the room, something like, "You're a terrible singer... what do you make of your ironic success?"  But they're asking her questions like she looks and sings like Norah Jones.

She doesn't look and sing like Norah Jones, right?  Am I being too harsh?  William Hung isn't good, either, and people are always asking him the same kinds of questions.  Don't they know they're not good?

Or are they one step ahead of me, and they know they're bad, and the interviewers know they're bad, but they ask these questions knowing that everyone knows all that?

Maybe I'm just an assh*le.  Enjoy Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment