Saturday, June 19, 2010

Charles & Eddie, "Would I Lie To You"

I recently traveled back to Kansas City, where I grew up, and went through several boxes of my childhood belongings to determine whether I wanted to bring any of these memories back with me to the Pacific Northwest.  Buried deep in one of the boxes was this gem, on a "single" cassette, when such a thing existed.  Perhaps it wasn't buried deep enough; a hole in the ground probably would have been better.

So now I'm driving around with tapes like this and Wreckx-N-Effect in my vehicle, feeling the love of the mid-1990s and remembering all of my awkward middle school moments all over again.

But you know what: This song isn't all that bad.  I can think of a lot worse from that era. *Cough* 4 Non Blondes *Cough*.

No comments:

Post a Comment