Friday, August 21, 2009

David Bowie & Mick Jagger, "Dancing In The Street"

As if Bowie & Jagger doing a version together of "Dancing In The Street" wasn't abysmal enough (see picture below, where they're clearly dry-heaving at one another), they're introduced here as a "surprise" by Paul McCartney, and then they all unfortunately perform it live together.

My co-worker Alison recommended the Bowie/Jagger version of the song, knowing just how bad it is. I give her kudos for this because I had repressed it and forgot it existed. I'm almost afraid it's like watching the deadly video from the movie "The Ring"; if I get a phone call and it's a child telling me "seven days," I'll know why.




3 comments:

  1. that's like drunken uncle karaoke at a wedding in the 80's in hell. gah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those songs that I hate in absolutely ever version ever performed. It's right up there with "The Peppermint Twist" and "Happy Birthday". This is, however, far and away the worst version possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly--there's nothing redeeming about it whatsoever. I want to like it ironically, but then I just get sad/angry. It's a lose/lose/lose/lose situation.

    ReplyDelete